Buying a home is probably the largest financial commitment you will make, so it makes sense that you do your research.
Do some planning
Once you have made the decision that you are going to look for a property to buy, it will be advantageous to be well prepared in order to move quickly.
- Set yourself a budget
- The amount of money you have for a deposit
- How much mortgage is avaliable and the terms
- Check your planned outgoings
- What are the must have features in a property
- Are you prepared to add home improvements
- A back up plan for unbudgeted costs
Harveys Estates is here to help
We are a small & friendly firm of Estate Agents and we do not employ high pressure sales techniques, we’re here to help and with over 25 years experience, we can answer most queries, we’ll offer advice to stop potential problems arising.
- A warm & friendly team
- Advice is always free
- Provide access to competitive mortgage products
- Introduction to an efficient legal team
Renting With Harveys Estates
Renting offers all of the creature comforts of home ownership without the headache of property maintenance and allows you the freedom to move as your personal circumstances desire.
Why choose Harveys Estates?
Our friendly and experienced team are supervised under strict code of practice. As members of ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents) we ensure your best interests and safety are paramount.
- Be rest assured you are dealing with Professionals
- Your money is always held in a Secure Client Funds Account
- We are members of the Deposit Protection Service
- Your safety within the home is very important to us
- As an agent we can give a different prospective to problems
- We always try to deliver the BEST service possible
The private letttings market is currently unregulated which means anybody without training or qualifications can open as Letting Agent. Make sure any agent you deal with has the competence and securities in place to deal with your money and your application. It has been widely reported that unregulated agents can disappear with your hard earned cash.
- Always look for an ARLA agent, you won't regret it
- Be on the guard for excessive deposit demands
- Demand a copy of the Tenancy Agreement and Terms of Busines before you move in
- Air any concerns you have, never be afraid to ask
- Check whether there is complaints redress scheme in place
Putting up your property for sale can be a stressful time. Feel rest assured that Harveys Estates will be on hand all the way to help you make the whole process much easier.
Effort brings results
You wouldn’t sell a car not cleaned, in need of drastic repair and at a price which puts you at the bottom of the list.. Selling a house is no different and putting in some effort in the beginning will ensure the property is marketed to best effect.
- Ensure your property has kerb appeal
- De-clutter your belongings
- Display each room to show the best features
- Make the property welcoming, scented candles etc
- Don't be afraid to show your repair bills
What can Harveys Estates bring to you
When your property is placed on the market, it is essential to sell the features and benefits of purchasing your home. Utilizing Harveys Estates expertise will ensure you know how to place your property with the current market.
- Knowledge of local area; schools, shops, transport links etc
- A full photo package showing all aspects of the property
- A detailed floorplan
- Advertising exposure on ALL the major ports including Rightmove & Zoopla
- Matching your property to our buyer database by email & text
Letting for a Living
Renting out property is an excellent way of producing a second income and building additional savings for retirement, your children’s’ education or even those luxury items you’ve always dreamt of were currently suffering with a shortage of property in England and thus making renting a home even more popular. There’s never a shortage of good tenants looking for property.
We're Property Owners
We have our own portfolio of rented properties which has given us a valuable insight into being successful Landlords, together with the lucrative financial returns it brings. Nothing is easy and letting properties can be hard work but with a careful approach, letting can be hugely attractive. We have been letting for over 25 years, theres not much we don’t know.
- Make sure your properties are clean & presentable
- Pay particular attention to neutral decor and easy to maintain materials
- Deal with issues as they arise, you’ll save money in the long run
- A happy tenant doesn’t impress on your personal time
- Desirable properties can attract long term tenants
- Keep rents at market rates, never give your tenant an excuse to look for a cheaper rent
Why choose Harveys Estates
Not only are we Lettings Professionals, were Experts in property marketing. Our photography, marketing techniques and campaigns are designed to expose your property to the widest market available.
- Advertise on property websites; Rightmove, Zoopla, Prime Location & Need a property
- We take pride in our detailed photography
- Utilise market leading software
- Tailor a plan to include both email & text marketing
- We don't just rely on technology, we speak to our clients
- We have hundreds of qualified applicants waiting for properties